There is no shortage of bathroom tile ideas. You have natural stones which you can use to tile your floors and even the walls of your bathrooms. There are natural tiles and manufactured tiles of various kinds. There are hundreds of designs, dozens of materials and scores of layouts that you can choose for your bathroom. All you have to do is think what you want and choose accordingly. A tile installer and bathroom remodeling contractor is probably the best resource when making these decisions, but before talking to them, consider the following ideas:
- First, you must determine your needs. Check the size of the bathroom, the shower area and the space around the sink and vanity. Your entire bathroom need not have the same tiles or the same layout of tiles. The shower area can be different than the bathroom floor. Likewise, the walls in your shower area can be distinctly different from the walls in other areas of the bathroom.
- Ideally, your shower area should have antiskid tiles and the walls should be covered with tiles up to a height of at least a good seven feet or higher. Some families opt for tiled walls up to the height of the shower, but most families opt for the entire wall to be tiled, especially the area where you have the shower and the bathtub. You can choose any of these bathroom tile ideas but you shouldn’t leave the walls un-tiled in the shower area and you should never choose a tile that doesn’t have antiskid attributes.
- Now, you have the hard task of choosing tiles. There are natural stones like granite and marble, although the latter is not a very popular choice in the shower area. Marble can still be used around the bathroom vanity but not ideally in the shower area or in areas which would get wet. Then there are rectified tiles, ceramic tiles, vitrified tiles, porcelain tiles, pebble tiles and mosaic among others. Ceramic and its variants have been used widely and they do seem to have some problems down the line. Porcelain tiles and pebble tiles are the best bathroom tile ideas. Pebble tiles look great, they are the most resistive to skidding and they add a touch of unique coolness to the bathroom and would also allow the shower area in particular to dry up quickly.
- You can also go for designer bathroom tile ideas where the layout wouldn’t be rectangular or oval but some interesting geometrical shape with no symmetry.
- A glass accent tile strip around the shower at about eye level is also very appealing and popular right now.
- You’ll also want to put thought in to what kind of vanity and sink to get. A free standing vanity with an undermount sink is the most popular right now because of it’s elegant look and utilitarian use.
Take your time researching tile types and colors before calling your favorite Colorado Springs bathroom remodeling contractor.
Are you ready to see what Homefix can do for you?Schedule an Appointment