We sat down with Vicki Westapher from RE/MAX Properties Inc. to ask her about what trends she’s noticing in the Colorado Springs housing market right now. Her answers may surprise you!
- It’s a very hot market right now… for sellers.
- The Springs is growing and limited inventory has driven prices up.
- Many sellers are pricing their homes as if everything is going to continue to climb aggressively.
- Some buyers are starting to sit back to avoid overpaying and putting themselves in a bad situation whenever they go to sell the home.
- Lower price points (under $350k) are a bidding frenzy right now.
- In the current market, 10 days is too long for your house to be on the market, so pricing it correctly is key to get the most traffic right away.
- Last year, the market fell off a cliff in July because inventory was going so quickly. Many buyers want to get their kids into a home well before school starts.
If you’re thinking about selling you home this year or next, here’s a checklist for you
- Make sure your deck will pass inspection
- Same for your roof
- Fresh, updated paint
- Service the furnace/AC unit
- All appliances working properly
- Replace a scratched up sink
- Light fixtures, specifically in the bathrooms
If you could use some help with your home, give our office manager, Sheila, a call at (719) 749-1788 and she’ll get you scheduled for a free estimate or just click here.